BY USING THIS SITE, you hereby warrant and you hereby agree to be bound by all of these Terms stated below:
- That you are of legal age 18 years and older.
- That you are in good standing and have not been suspended or removed by Estate Sale Bid from past experiences for any reason.
- You agree that the information you provided upon completion of registration is accurate.
- You agree to maintain a valid method of payment in your account information as long as you are an active bidder.
- You must be registered to bid in Estate Sale Bid auctions. If you have already bid in our auctions, you already have a valid USER ID - YOU DO NOT NEED TO RE-REGISTER. If you forgot your user ID or password, please follow the instructions under 'forgot your password' located where you sign in.
- New Bidders can register for free by filling out the Online Registration Form. At the time of registration, we collect basic information about you to verify your identity and create your account. We also collect credit card information as a form of payment (see payments for more on credit card payment). *THERE ARE NO CHARGES FOR YOUR CREDIT CARD UNLESS YOU WIN SOMETHING.
- You Must be 18 Years or older in order to participate in our auctions.
- All bidding is done online through our website.
- By placing a bid, you are entering a legal contract and are responsible for all amounts due to Estate Sale Bid if you are the winning bidder, including a 10% buyer’s premium and any applicable sales tax. Once a bid is placed, you cannot retract it or remove it. If you feel you can't pay for the item(s), then please do not bid in the auction.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO RETURNS, CREDITS or EXCHANGES.
- Every auction uses proxy bidding. Learn how proxy bidding works under Estate Sale Bid Help.
- As long as you are signed into your account, you can review your bids anytime by clicking My Account and then Active. If you are the high bidder, the bid amount will show in Green. If you have been outbid, the bid amount will show in Red.
- If you are the only bidder on a lot at 9:00 PM EST on the night of the auction closing date, you will be declared the winner of that item.
- SOFT CLOSE: Our online auctions are set to auto-extend or better known as a soft close. This means on lots with multiple bidders, you will be given an additional amount time (3 minutes) to place another competing bid, just as you would at a live auction, in person. The bidding will continue until the extended time (3 minutes) has run out without new bids being placed. All of our bidders will have a fair and equal chance of competitive bidding, enabling the highest bidder to win, just as they would in a live auction.
- WINNING BIDS: Winners must pick up their items at the designated sale location within the specified time assigned. If you are unable to pick up your winnings at the scheduled time, you must contact Estate Sale Bid 24 hours prior to pick-up to work out alternate arrangements (if available).
- SALES TAX: Anyone picking up in New York without a valid New York State resale certificate must pay 8.625% sales tax. Tax exempt buyers must provide the appropriate state sales tax exemption certificate prior to the end of the sale. If you are tax exempt your name in your account profile and the address must be the same as on the certificate.
- ALL SALES UNDER $200 ARE CASH ONLY AND MUST BE PAID AT TIME OF PICKUP.
- CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS FOR INVOICES OVER $200 WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- ALL SALES ARE CONSIDERED FINAL
- You agree and acknowledge that you will maintain valid credit card information within your user profile as long as you have an account with Estate Sale Bid and that you are an authorized user of this credit card. Estate Sale Bid reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel bids or suspend bidding privileges if valid payment information is not maintained by the user.
- By providing your credit card information to Estate Sale Bid at registration, if you are the winner on an item(s) after an auction closes, you authorize Estate Sale Bid to charge your credit card the hammer price (winning bid price) plus a 15% BUYER’S PREMIUM and applicable sales taxes on top (unless tax exempt). Your card will be charged within 24 hours after the auction. Invoices for the winning bidders will be available in their Account under Invoices, shortly after closing.
- All items are sold “AS IS - WHERE IS.
- The pickup location will be found on the bottom of every winners invoice along with a scheduled pick up time.
- As stated above, winners must pick up their items at the designated sale location within the specified time assigned. If you are unable to pick up your winnings at the scheduled time, you must contact Estate Sale Bid 24 hours prior to pick-up to work out alternate arrangements (if available).
- If you have any claims against an item, please make sure you discuss this with an Estate Sale Bid team member before signing your invoice and departing with the item(s). Signing off and departing with your winnings means you are in acceptance and satisfied with your purchase. No claims will be permitted once an item leaves the premises of the sale as condition issues cannot be validated once items are released into your possession.
- WE DO NOT supply packing material and/or assist with any part of moving your winning purchases, so PLEASE BRING HELP to move large items.
- You will be entering someone’s home so - PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND RESPECTFUL OF THE OWNERS PROPERTY INSIDE AND OUT. You will be held financially responsible for any damages caused to the property by your or your helpers while removing your winning items.
- Please do not bring small children to the pickup as this could be dangerous due to the type of activity going on. Pets are not permitted under any circumstance.
- Estate Sale Bid in no way guarantees the safety or regulatory compliance on any item in any of our auctions, including and most especially infant and child products - buyer beware. We (Estate Sale Bid) make every effort to highlight any damages, repairs or restorations on an item, in the listing, prior to bidding. If something is discovered during the active bidding period, the description will be updated and highlighted in red. That being said, it should never be assumed that an item is perfect because the description or photos may lack these details. The majority of items sold in our auction(s) are considered 'Used', 'Vintage' or 'Antique' and will absolutely show signs of wear. BY REGISTERING AS A BUYER, YOU AGREE THAT NEITHER WE (Estate Sale Bid) (NOR THE SELLER) ARE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY item(s) that are lost or destroyed before pickup that you (the Buyer) may have won in the auction. In the event of this happening, Estate Sale Bid reserves the right to issue a full refund of any monies paid by the Buyer for that item, and nothing more.
- Any items that are not paid for and/or picked up during the specified pick up time, in accordance with the Site’s Terms & Conditions will be considered a forfeiture by you "the winner". Estate Sale Bid at its sole discretion has the right to re-sell the items, donate them to a charity of our choosing or even dispose of the item(s). Estate Sale Bid reserves the right to report your account to collections for the combined total of the original invoice amount and any moving or disposal charges. Your membership with Estate Sale Bid will be suspended or terminated unless all past due invoices, moving and/or disposal charges are paid in full.
RISK TO PERSON AND PROPERTY:
- BY REGISTERING AS A BUYER, YOU AGREE THAT NEITHER WE (Estate Sale Bid) (NOR THE SELLER) ARE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGE TO THE ITEMS YOU PURCHASED, YOUR OTHER PERSONAL PROPERTY, OR FOR INJURY OR DEATH. Please take care of yourself and your items as you have released EstateSaleBid (and the Seller) from any and all liability.
If you do not agree to all the Terms and Conditions on this page, you are not authorized to use the Site. We reserve the right to modify these Terms from time to time. Please take time before each new auction to review the terms and conditions as they may have changed since your last bidding experience. All changes are effective immediately when we post them and apply to all access to and use of the Site thereafter.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, Estate Sale Bid EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH RESPECT TO PROPERTY PURCHASED THROUGH Estate Sale Bid. Estate Sale Bid MAKES NO GUARANTIES, WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT THE SERVICE PROVIDED BY THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; NOR DOES Estate Sale Bid MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY USER FROM Estate Sale Bid THROUGH THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN